Sunday, February 26, 2012

Excavation

 I decided that while I had the excavator at my house, I would expand my garden and turn it over.
 After digging the trench around the perimeter, I dropped in the air tubes and backfilled with some 2A modified stone, and then lined the trench with 2-foot sections of pink board overlapped.
After backfilling, the two 30-foot sections of tubing stick up out of the ground on opposite sides of the dome.  I thought it would be better to have 2 shorter tubes for heat exchange than one long one.

Now I know that you should always take estimated completion time and double it, but this was ridiculous.  A circular trench, working in a tight space, and no experience all made for a very long day!  Geoff, if you're reading this, thanks again.  Getting to drive the trackhoe is fun for a while, but after 6 hours it's just another hard job.  I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment