Sunday, March 4, 2012

Leveling the trench

Here is the 4" tee I found to fit the drainage tube.
 I turned it up on its end to direct the main air flow to the northwest side of the foundation, as I expect it will be colder there.  I can always balance it out if I need to, but we will see how it goes.  I have again taped the open end to keep out water and critters.
 Here I am digging out an 18" wide trench for the foundation stone.  The trench will slope slightly toward the back of my property for drainage into the ditch.  I plan to catch most of the water that falls on the greenhouse, but I expect there will be yard runoff.
 Next, I plan to line the trench with landscape fabric, then 4" of stone and the blocks for the base.  Another weekend and almost ready to build!

No comments:

Post a Comment