Monday, March 26, 2012

Struts Are Done!

It feels great to have completed the dome structure.  My next order of business will be fitting a door, plywood on the base, and then start making vent windows for the top. 


Here is the space left for the doorway.  It will be a careful custom fit.


Again, in retrospect, I can't stress enough how important it is to fit everything perfectly from the beginning.  I only had to change one strut size by one inch, and I imagine everything could have fit even better had I started more carefully.  Who knows, maybe not.  It's amazing how the math works though. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dome greenhouse. I sure would like to see how you cut the strut ends and secured them to the hubs. I like how the hubs are flush with the struts so it is a smooth surface. I'd like to try to make a dome like this some time. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete