Thursday, January 31, 2013

Putting together my seed order, suggestions?

So I don't save many seeds.  Some onion, pepper, garlic, of course, but that's about it.  I find they are more trouble than they are worth.  I live in the heart of PA dutch country with countless seed purchase options.  They are cheap and reliable.

Calling all comments to suggest their favorite varieties.  I love to try new things, but the options sometimes overwhelm me!


Round 1, February:
Celery
Romaine 
Mustard
Spinach 
Collards
Strawberries
Tomatoes 
Peppers

Round 2, March:
Tomatoes (for outside)
            Brandywine 
            Mortgage Lifter
Peppers
            Black Hungarian 
            Corne de Chevre (drying/sauces) 
            Fish Pepper (white leaves)
            California Wonder

Sweet potatoes
Onions
Rhubarb

Round 3, April:
Beets
Radishes
Carrots 
Watermelons
Cucumbers
Cantaloupes
Malabar Spinach

Round 4, May:
Zucchini
            Tatume 
Pumpkins
            Big max
            Neck
            Orange Cushaw 
            Fairytale (Musquee De Provence) 
            Decorative gourds
Potatoes

Round 5 August:
Parsnip
Turnip
Rutabaga
Carrots
Lettuce




No comments:

Post a Comment