Sunday, March 17, 2013

Some manual labor

  Here are the first two bins filled.  It took about a half truck load of mushroom soil to do what you see here.  I expect to pick up another yard before I'm finished. There was no easy way to do this but shovel in and shovel out.  Luckily mushroom compost is light and spongy, not like topsoil or even garden compost.  But I was tired after this and had to take a break.  
  
Notice the outlet tube from the sub heating system.  It blows right across the entry door.

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of using these window wells for planters and am considering doing the same for my dome. Do you have any regrets on them or reasons I should reconsider? Have you had any concerns about the zinc from the galvanizing leaching into the vegetables? thanks for sharing all these terrific ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. The way I figure it, there's always going to be some risk of leaching no matter what I use, so I'm not going to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete