Sunday, June 9, 2013

Update on Dogfish Clone

Here we are after the primary fermentation of 7 days. I siphoned both batches into new buckets, which stirred things up a bit and caused the haziness you see in the two on the left.



Left: My brew with English ale yeast.
Center: My brew with American ale yeast
Right: Actual DFH 60 min (hence the bubbles--it's carbonated)

You can see that mine on the left and the real one on the right are more similar in color.  The center ale has more of an amber color to it.  I won't be able to taste compare until after bottle conditioning.

After primary fermentation, the English Ale is showing gravity of 1.013 (6.3% abv) and the American Ale is 1.009 (6.8%)

I am extremely happy with my first truly all-grain brew.  I used zero adjuncts and kept true to the purity law (well, until I bottle) which is another plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment