Saturday, September 14, 2013

Drying home-grown hops

So my first-year vines produced pretty well this year.  It was a pretty great summer with all the rain and cool temps.  I had 3 vines and got nearly 5 gallons, including what I used in my brew today.

Here's what I have left:

I am using my compost screen to dry them.  The limited info I found said to stir them a couple times over 2-3 days, depending on conditions. We should have some nice dry weather for a while, and not too hot, so hopefully they will dry out nicely without falling apart or getting moldy.  Fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment