Saturday, November 16, 2013

Greenhouse sweet potatoes harvested

I looked back at my previous posts, and these potatoes were growing in the greenhouse beds for just over 5 months. During the first few months they were competing for light with many other plants, but after I cleared them out they were free to run up the strings.
 A single bed produced about 10 pounds of sweet potatoes.  The skins have no pitting and are flawless.  The mushroom media has proven to be good for growing sweets.  Some of them are very impressive in size, about as big as a kids nerf football.  If they taste the same as the others I have already picked and eaten, they will require very little sugar or butter.

I still have 1 bed growing, and I will let them go until the leaves all die off.

No comments:

Post a Comment