Here is the cargo trailer I bought and kept. Veelar folding bicycle cargo trailer:
And below is the one I bought and promptly returned. 0016BL bicycle trailer.
Here's the review: Although these two trailers are practically identical when looking at the pics, they have some pretty important differences.
I originally bought the 0016BL for one reason. The most important factor to me was the claimed 180lb. cargo load rating. The Veelar only has a 100# rating.
As it turned out, I believe the Veelar could be modified easily to carry more weight.
The 0016BL has many cons:
- Difficult assembly/breakdown. Removing/installing the wheels is more difficult than the Veelar due to poor design.
- Inferior hitch system.
- Uni-directional tires
- Fork wheel mounting system is less efficient than Veelar. The wheels slide in horizontally.
- The one I bought was defective. The wheel mount welds were in the wrong place, causing the tire to rub against the frame.
The Veelar has many pros:
- Easy assembly/breakdown. Wheel fork mounts are more convenient (vertical)and appear to be stronger than the 0016
- Better hitch system
- Better tires
- The deck is plastic and therefore more resistant to scratching/water. The 0016 deck will rust quickly with regular use.
- The deck can be removed. It is held on by stainless screws and could be reinforced with a plywood deck or even sheet metal.
- The rack system assembles tightly for less annoying rattling.